Music for Rocker Mom's Everywhere!!!!


Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm about to loose another one....

That's right my middle daughter is graduating high school this year. We spent the weekend looking at the University she wants to attend. It's much closer than the one my son chose. That seems to be making it easier. Oh no... I'm crying... again.
Don't worry. It's just par for the course. This is my second child to leave the nest. Why is it so hard to let go. She is a bright, creative, god loving young lady. My husband and I have done a great job with her. She scored high on her ACT's, has a 3.9 something GPA, belongs to many school and church organizations. She is a very determined girl and will be very successful in what ever she does.
I just don't understand how to not want to keep them (my life) at home with me where they belong. When I hear parents say I can't wait until they all turn 18 and get out of my house. I can't help but think 'Man did you miss out'!! My husband and kids are my reason for being. They make me laugh, cry, worry. They are my entertainment. They are Artist, musicians even great court jesters at times. How could you not find that same wonder in your child. Oh no...crying again.
My husband says I'm silly...they are great kids, they will be fine, we have to let them grow. I explain it to him like this...You and I have been together for 25 years and I love you and all but..I need to grow so I will still be your wife and all, I just need to go off to college for awhile. Don't cry or miss me. It's just for the best. Sorry not happening. I'm still going to pray, worry, and miss each one. And of course wish them great success in love and life. I can only hope that when they start their families they relish each moment, look for the beauty and magic in what they have created. I'm going to go finish my cry now. Thanks for letting me vent.

3 comments:

  1. I dont even want to think about my daughter(s) going away college. One is only 12 and my other is not even 3 yet.

    I know its hard. But you gotta let them fly with their own wings so they can reach their full potential!

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just always remember...Jenna is the bomb.

    c:

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you. Thanks.